Dev turned a year on Saturday, October 11th. Because of all the craziness the last few months, Ben and I decided to have a small birthday party for him. We went to my parents' home and had a family party, with Ben and I of course, my parents (Papa and Nani), Uncle Geoffrey and Uncle Kevin (my older brothers) and Kim, my brother's girlfriend. My mom made an amazing dinner that night (as usual). After dinner, we helped Dev open up all his presents. We tried having him open his gifts all by himself, but he was more interested in everything else around him, so we had to help him out a little bit! :) He got so many wonderful toys! After his gifts, we decided to strip him down to his diaper, move my mom's floor rug, place the high chair in the middle of the room and let him dive into his cake. (Ben and I purchased 2 cakes for his birthday, one ice cream cake for the adults and a smaller cake just for Dev.) Below are the "before" pictures of his cake.
At first, he was a little unsure of to do, but after he had the first taste of cake, he dove right in with both of his hands and mouth wide open. Devon was the absolute star of the show and he definately stole it! He had everyone in the room laughing... it was histerical watching him! By the end, Dev was covered head to toe in white frosting and vanilla cake. Here's a few pictures of him. (I was videotaping him throughout all of this, so I only have pictures of the beginning. My family took most of the pictures, I just haven't gotten them yet.)
After he finished with his cake, my mom gave him a bath and got him all cleaned up and ready for bed! Dev had a wonderful birthday! Here is a picture of the aftermath of Dev's cake.

No comments:
Post a Comment